Is there something you need to talk about?
I am happy to accept new clients and can work from my office, your home, or by skype. My philosophy for helping clients is as follows:
- Carefully listening to find out what you want from therapy
- Understand what is causing your difficulty
- Respecting your readiness or reluctance to change
- Fostering hope and finding practical solutions to your problem(s)
- Helping find solutions that match your abilities and resources
- Respecting and encouraging other sources of help
- Discussing your progress and satisfaction with my services
As Carl Jung says, “Nobody, as long as he moves
about the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.”
I believe we all cope with life’s challenges the best way we know how. Sometimes we try everything but it still does not work and we start to feel stuck. However, we can only try what we know and if this does not work, it means we need to look for new solutions. Counselling can help people to get a different perspective on their problems and help find new solutions or better ways of coping.
“Does it mean there is something wrong with me if I go to a counsellor?”
No, it means you recognize you have a problem and are looking for a solution.